By the way, the name of the app is "Draw Something". Ah, you might think, what can be addictive about the game? Unless you try it. And the developers are smiling. "Draw Something" is an addictive social game available on Apple iOS and android devices. What makes "Draw Something" special is how it utilizes the touchscreen to create a game that is both ridiculously easy to learn and strangely engrossing. It is basically a game that involves you drawing something with your finger and allowing your opponent to guess what you have drawn. if your opponent guesses correctly, then you are rewarded with gold coins which can be exchanged for extras. Now there are some extra things such as "bombs", coins which can be bought with real cash. And as I said earlier, the developers are smiling and OMGPOP is earning a healthy profit.
Get a load of the Stats....
- It was launched 6 weeks ago.
- It is the No. 1 app in 79 countries
- It has been downloaded 20+ million times
- It generates $100,000+ in revenues every day
- It has 12+ million a day
- On February 12th, Draw Something users drew 3 drawings per second
- On February 26th, 333 drawings per second
- March 7th, 1,660 drawings per second
- March 8th, 3,000 drawings per second
- It took Facebook 9 months to get 1 million users, while it took "Draw Something" 9 days
And now, Guess What? It was revealed 2 days ago that Zynga, which has built a billion-dollar social gaming empire, has acquired OMGPOP. While terms of the acquisition are not being revealed publicly, Peter Kafka of AllThingsDigital says his sources have indicated that the deal is worth in excess of $200m when employee retention is factored in.
An astonishing exit for a company that just weeks ago few had heard of.
Why don't you download it and try it? on Apple iOS or Android. Let us know what you think of the game and the growth/acquisition