|Moses Kemibaro, Nivi Mukherjee and Jisas Lemasagarai|
The App Developer contest held by Mobile Web East Africa, and sponsored by InMobi and Blackberry saw five developers pitch their Apps.
Part of the prize that eLimu was awarded is $1500 worth of advertising on the InMobi network, the largest independent network mobile advertising network. Moses Kemibaro, Africa Sales Director for InMobi says “we hope this prize will assist in growing the eLimu app, and as a result furthering education in Kenya”.
A brief overview of the five applications:
- Verified 100%: an app that allows users to verify education certificates and title deeds to ensure authenticity.
- Hewa: an online mobile music marketing and distribution platform for Kenyan local artists and record labels.
- Eat Out Kenya: a contemporary restaurant guide focused on Kenya.
- mPayer: a cash and mobile money payment management app
- eLimu: an interactive, engaging and fun app for children in the Kenyan Primary School education system to learn and revise for exams.